Last updated on 1 Feb 2019.
Supercar Inner Circle Limited ("Supercar Inner Circle" / "we" / "us" / "our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Supercar Inner Circle Limited of Ferrari House, 3rd Floor, 102 College Road, Harrow, HA1 1ES, United Kingdom.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes, without limitation, information you provide when you register to use the Website, subscribe to our Services, utilise the Website's interactive and social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Website and/or the Services.
The information you give us may include contact information such as your name and e-mail address, your age, gender, photograph(s) and a personal description (such as your interests and your educational, financial and professional background), and other information you provide at the time of registering to use the Website and/or subscribe to our Services. Please note that certain categories of information are mandatory in order to gain access to our Services.
We may collect further personal information when you update your information on your account. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to these.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other website we operate or other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that information that it may be shared internally and combined with information collected on the Website.
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website and/or the Services.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after six (6) months.
Uses Made of Your Personal Information
We may use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to enable you to use the Website and/or our Services and to ensure that the Website is presented and the Services are provided in the most effective manner for you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. The information contained in your profile can be accessed by other users of the Website. You explicitly authorise us to reproduce and make available to other users of the Website, the information contained in your profile for the duration of your use of the Website and/or the Services;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which you have previously subscribed for. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your personal information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have explicitly consented to this. If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, you can decide not to tick the relevant box during the registration process or notify us at any time if you do not wish your personal information to be used in this way; and
- to notify you about changes to the Website and/or our Services.
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website and/or Services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our ongoing efforts to keep the Website and the Services safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
You can choose to stop receiving our communications, including our marketing e-mails or SMS messages by following the unsubscribe instructions included in any such communications. Alternatively, you can contact us at: email@example.com
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Certain information collected during your registration to use the Website and/or our Services, the information contained in your personal profile and your search criteria can be accessed by other users of our Services. Your contact information (your real name and e-mail address) will not be shared with any other users of the Website and/or our Services. In the event that you decide to share any additional contact information with other users of the Website and/or our Services (for example, during a chat or in the forum area of the Website), you are fully and solely responsible for any such disclosure.
We may share your personal information with selected third parties that provide services to help us offer our Services to you. These third parties are authorised to process your personal information only as necessary to provide such services to us and include:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors parties that provide services to help with our business activities, such as payment processing for our Services, or offering customer service;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate socio-demographic information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and/or
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website and the Services. This will include companies such as Scamalytics which analyse the content of a profile and messages on this website to ascertain the accuracy of a user profile (text and pictures) and content of communication between other users on the website.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Supercardating or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. You will be notified via e-mail and/or a prominent notice on the Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, property, or the safety of you, our other customers or others, or to respond to a government request or investigate fraud. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- if you have given your prior consent for us to do so.
- If we believe under our sole discretion that information provided by a members profile/communication may pose a safety/fraud/scamming risk to other members
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Supercardating encourages you to refer suitable friends or contacts to the Website and our Services by sending us that person's name and e-mail address. We will keep this information in our database and send that person a one-time e-mail containing your name and an invitation to visit the Website. We will not send them any additional e-mail unless they request further promotional communications or if they register to use our Services. The referral e-mail will also include a quick and easy way for them to remove their information from our database, if they choose to do so. We ask that you do not abuse this feature by entering names and e-mail addresses of people that would not be interested in, or would not be eligible for, our Services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions to use our Services will be undertaken by third party service providers and will be encrypted using industry standard SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website and/or use the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Website or through the Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to Other Websites
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
The Website also gives you the option to post information about your activities on our Website to your social media accounts (including Facebook and Twitter) to share with others within your network.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these terms and conditions or policies. Please check these terms and conditions and policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Our Website offers publicly and privately accessible community forums. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in our community forums is accessible by the wider public and other users of the Website and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personally identifying information. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will seek to inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Your Personal Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.